Focused Omni-PresenceAug 22, 2022
Welcome to a brand new week!
New Years resolutions aren't the only time you can make the decision to turn over a new leaf, commit to a new habit, dedicate a certain amount of time a day, a week, a month, to something new.
As philosopher Alan Watts famously said...
"You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago."
So, with a new week ahead of you, what are you going to commit to this week?
One thing you could commit to is testing out the strategy I'm about to share with you in today's email...
Focused Omni-Presence ASIN Targeting Campaigns
These are very simple campaigns to set up, very powerful, but can just take 5-10 minutes upfront to carry out the groundwork.
What you are doing here is collecting the ASINs of your comp authors (comparable authors) and targeting them in one campaign.
Let's say one of your comp authors is Robert Dugoni, here's what I'd do:
- Collect every relevant ASIN of Robert Dugoni's books in a spreadsheet, such as the Amazon Ads Toolkit Targeting Tool
- Group the ASINs together according to their series (i.e. a 10 book series would have each ASIN listed one after the other in the spreadsheet)
- Make sure to list the series name next to each ASIN
- Target all the ASINs in one of his series in one ASIN targeting campaign
- Name the campaign accordingly, mentioning the series name that the ASINs you are targeting belong to
- Create new campaigns for each new series you are targeting with ASINs
Here's how I name my ASIN targeting campaigns:
[BOOK TITLE] | [AUTHOR NAME] | [SERIES NAME] ASINs
The Forbidden | Robert Dugoni | Tracy Crosswhite Series ASINs
These campaigns allow you to be ultra-granular, ultra-focused, targeting the exact ASINs of highly relevant books.
Remember, if you're advertising the Paperback version of your book, target the ASINs of your comp authors' Paperback books. And if you're advertising the Kindle version of your book, target the ASINs of your comp authors' Kindle books.
This way, you know you'll be positioning your book in front of the right readers who read a specific format of book.
With high enough bids (because these ASIN targeting campaigns can be expensive), you'll be reaching a huge number of potential readers, particularly if the books you're targeting are ranked well on Amazon (Top 10,000).
Over time, you can build out an army of these highly focused ASIN targeting campaigns and become omni-present across your genre, meaning more exposure, more brand awareness and more sales.
So, now it's over to you. When you're ready, implement and take action.
To Your Success
Whenever you're ready to conquer advertising for your books, there are 4 ways I can help:
1. Jumpstart Amazon Ads → Discover the exact system I use to sell 100's of books every month with Amazon Ads, in just 60-90 minutes per week.
2. Jumpstart Facebook Ads → The exact blueprint I’ve used to go from spending $10 per day to $250+ per day on Facebook Ads with a 2-3x return on investment.
3. The Facebook Ads Monthly Templates For Authors → Your cheat code for writing Facebook Ads that sell more books, delivered directly to your inbox each month.
4. 7 Days To Author Ads Success → Brand new to advertising? My FREE 7-day course will walk you through everything you need to know to launch your first Ads in the next 7 days.
Less Time Marketing. More Books Selling. Enjoying Life.
Join 2,300+ authors receiving The Saturday Self Published Author. Every Saturday morning, you’ll get 1 actionable marketing tip to help you reach more readers and sell more books.