Which Facebook Ads Placement Should You Use?Nov 22, 2022
When setting up your Facebook Ads, at the Ad Set level, Facebook will encourage you to use its Advantage+ Placements option, thereby giving Facebook free reign to show your Ads anywhere across Facebook's massive ecosystem, including, but not limited to:
– Facebook Feed
– Instagram Feed
– Facebook Marketplace
– Facebook Messenger
– Stories (Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, etc.)
– Reels (Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, etc.)
– Facebook Search Results
– Audience Network (Apps and Websites that Meta own outside of Facebook)
However, from spending well over $100,000 on Facebook Ads, I can tell you, without a doubt, that there is only ONE placement here that is worth your money...
The Facebook Feed
The rest of the placements just don't perform well for books.
On top of this, you may need different size images and videos created to suit the vast quantity of placements Facebook is going to show your Ads on.
This just adds another layer of unnecessary complexity to Facebook Ads that you really don't
to waste your time on.
Your time is far better spent writing your next book, yes, but also, testing different images and Primary Text ideas; NOT making 10+ different versions of the same image or video, which is what you'd potentially have to do if you follow Facebook's advice!
So, next time you're setting up a new Ad Set or Campaign (you can also do this to an existing Ad Set), instead of leaving the default placement setting selected (Advantage+ Placements), choose Manual Placements.
From there, de-select all Platforms aside from Facebook (turn off Instagram, Audience Network and Messenger). After that, de-select every placement in the list leaving just Facebook Feed selected.
Yes, your estimated audience size and your daily reach will be smaller than if you were to choose Advantage+ Placements, but at least you know that the people seeing your Ads are more likely to convert into paying readers.
And that's exactly what we want to achieve... conversions.
I have found that using Advantage+ Placements can sometimes result in slightly lower CPCs (Cost-Per-Clicks), but the conversions just weren't the same as they are with Facebook Feed as the only placement.
So, that's what I've got for you today.
As I say, if you have existing Ad Sets using Advantage+ Placements, you can change this setting at any time to Manual Placements and the Facebook Feed only.
And when launching new Ad Sets, use the Facebook Feed as your only placement from the beginning.
To Your Success
Whenever you're ready to conquer advertising for your books, there are 4 ways I can help:
1. Jumpstart Amazon Ads → Discover the exact system I use to sell 100's of books every month with Amazon Ads, in just 60-90 minutes per week.
2. Jumpstart Facebook Ads → The exact blueprint I’ve used to go from spending $10 per day to $250+ per day on Facebook Ads with a 2-3x return on investment.
3. The Facebook Ads Monthly Templates For Authors → Your cheat code for writing Facebook Ads that sell more books, delivered directly to your inbox each month.
4. 7 Days To Author Ads Success → Brand new to advertising? My FREE 7-day course will walk you through everything you need to know to launch your first Ads in the next 7 days.
Less Time Marketing. More Books Selling. Enjoying Life.
Join 2,300+ authors receiving The Saturday Self Published Author. Every Saturday morning, you’ll get 1 actionable marketing tip to help you reach more readers and sell more books.